Pages

Friday, August 07, 2009

My Washing Machine Experience

Ok, so last Friday we went out to buy a washing machine. We got a Samsung, in the end we could get it in White or Blue.. the blue was kinda cool actually. But the sales rep didn't ask what we wanted so we weren't sure.. and I told John I didn't really care so we didn't ask either. Then later looking at the receipt it was the blue one! :)

Anyway we were told it was free delivery that day, and it was the last day that we could get that, so OK fine peeps deliver it for us cause we can't drive back for that with a truck.

FFWD to yesterday: So yesterday I spent all day sitting at home waiting for the deliver guy to call and show up.. finally at 2:30 I had had enough so I got on the phone and called asking what was up. I found out that it had been in the store since the 4th (which makes sense cause we were told we could of had it delivered that day but I wasn't going to be home) Anyway so she (Customer Service) told me it looked like they had said that it should of been delivered by the 5th at the latest. Also according to her it didn't state in the computer that we were having it delivered. :( Then I asked her if I could talk to someone who would have more of an idea what was going on with the deliveries.. OK fine I will put you through to the Delivery Manager.. no answer so I get put back to C.S. so she said that she would tell the Delivery Manager to call me back soon.

Two Hours later, I'm really ticked! because I still havn't gotten a phone call back. So I call the store again. Then same story phone system is totally useless and really hard to figure out who you actually want to get put through to so I had to go through that again.. in the mean time I've spend at least 1/2 hour on the phone in total... anyway so finally back to Customer Service. She tells me oh I will put you through to the Appliances Department and then the will help you (Same as before). So Ok fine whatever.. Talked to the Appliances guy and he says well Delivery Manager has gone home for the day. Well then I was really ticked.. (in the mean time I'm still being nice on the phone cause as a receptionist you hear to many people who get really ticked about stuff and it isn't cool to deal with at all... anyway so I said to him "I think it is disgusting that I have had to spend this much time on the phone for something that should of been done on its own"

I told him that I didn't care anymore if it was free delivery or not but we were going to be coming in that evening to pick it up because I had had enough. Then I also asked him if there was anyway that we would be able to get some sorta rebate because of the hassle. Well you have to talk to the store manager on duty... so fine fine that is what I did! Talked to the manager and he was very understanding but I had to tell him the whole story again... and then he said Ok when you come in tonight come and see me and I will help you out.

We get to the store (and John can just stand there and not say a word. LOL :)!! ) we go to C.S. and as for the Manager on Duty and it is the same guy I talked to on the phone.. so I start telling him what is up. Then he says Oh hey I know I recognize the voice.. LOL :) anyway so I had to tell him everything again.. then he almost didn't give us anything, but as he was turning around to go back to his office I said to him and we are expecting some kind of refund for the hassle that this has been because it is totally uncalled for.. Then he knew I was serious so we got $50 back out of the deal :) Yay!!!

Anyway so we talked to him and then we still had to stand around and wait for a while because they were having issues pulling up the info in the back (again) so what is your phone #.. gave that and he went to the back himself to go deal with it! :) Gotta love a manager like that!

So that was my experience yesterday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.