Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

July posts

July 3, 2009


FRI
3
JUL

My Birthday Party.. :)

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well I had to have one last party with some of my friends here.. since that isn't really going to happen anymore.. Anyway like usual summer is a super busy time and everyone is having picnic's with family or going camping etc. only a few came but it was still a lot of fun.. just nice to sit back and chat for an evening.. and yes I have a few pictures so I will post them eventually.. right now just a quick update before I head to bed since it is already 11:20..

Anyway, since I have to go to the Farmers Market tomorrow.. I won't make this to much longer.. But a for one of my friends it was also kinda a goodbye since he won't be able to be there with the wedding :( So that meant time for a super big hug... actually two.. ha ha! Then Alanna says to me.. are you crying... ummm no and I don't plan to start now either.. I told her I might do that to John.. ha ha :P We shall see.. right now I'm trying to be positive and upbeat about it, because after all it isn't like we will never see eachother again.. it is only a 9 hour drive (oh ya Albertan driving apparently) and we definitely hope to come up and visit.. Also you are more than welcome to come out Sunnyside way to see us..

10:24 PM


July 4, 2009


SAT
4
JUL

What a life I have...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I'm pretty relaxed at this moment in time.. actually so much so that I'm amazed since I didn't think I would be. Especially being about two weeks out from the wedding... Anyway so this morning was the last time that I will be going to the Farmers Market.. I would love to go next Saturday but from some reason I have this funny feeling that I might have things to get done and not have time to go running around for that anymore.. Thinking about it, it will be really weird not going anymore either. It has been a huge part of my life ever since I was twelve/thirteen.. so that is for about 10 years or so!

That is really crazy now that I start thinking about it! Of course I have enjoyed almost every minute of it. I have to say almost because there were definitely moments when I didn't want to get up early and go, and then the slow days at the market aren't great either, but all in all and very awesome learning experience! Gotta love sales people.. LOL :) Like when Oma comes to buy soap and wants 2 bar.. Me: Oma you should get 6 bars it is only $20 then so you save $2.50! And so what does she do, of course she has to buy all 6 :D Like the customers at the market as well!

1:27 PM



SAT
4
JUL

One last wedding pic...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
DSC_0561






SAT
4
JUL

Tori & Arlen's Wedding pictures

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
DSC_0533

Cake cutting.. obviously ha ha.. and then feeding each other a piece of cake..



DSC_0532

Yummy! enough to lick off your fingers eh?



DSC_0537

Group pics always seem to happen, anyway so this is: Katrina, Tori, Arlen, Danny, and Brittany.



DSC_0540

DSC_0543

The guys.. James, Arlen, Jeff, and John...



DSC_0544

Then a picture with us.. :)



DSC_0546

DSC_0548

DSC_0550

Katrina & James...



DSC_0554

Centre pieces..



4:12 PM



SAT
4
JUL

Birthday Pictures..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
DSC_0599

Yvonne and Alanna... oh ya with the kitten :)



DSC_0600

Janita, Jorina, Leanna and Alex



DSC_0601

Willard and Alex



DSC_0602

Of course my brothers...



DSC_0603

and yes I had to have a picture of me... and since Yvonne was sitting right there she has the honours of being on the picture!



4:27 PM


SAT
4
JUL

I can't spell anymore..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I think I'm starting to loose it or I already have.. but unfortunately I can't seem to spell words correctly anymore.. so if you have read my blog lately and have noticed all the mistakes before I have.. well I'm admitting that I do know, and I try to fix them as I find them. Usually it is because I'm in to much of a hurry to even spend time re-reading it before I post it. Then when I actually go and spend the time looking at it I find them all and end up having to go and fix them. So just an apology in advance.. or belatedly. LOL :)

My brain has to much to think about these days so like I told Leanna it is really starting to malfunction...

9:13 PM


July 6, 2009


MON
6
JUL

I should be in bed.. the 2nd time.. I know!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well anyway ignore the same title for my post.. LOL! Anyway I'm still up because I've had a busy day and have to get rid off all the thought processes before I head to bed.. mind you at this hour my brain isn't functioning anymore.. but that is beside the point.. apparently!

Anyway.. so after work today I went for coffee with one of my friends at Penny's Coffee House (again) anyway as we were leaving there were all of the sudden cop cars coming from all directions! I mean like total freak out or what! Anyway I'm not sure what exactly was going on but it was on the same street as we were.. all of the sudden there were like seven cop cars and tons of cops.. they caught some guy, who wasn't being very willing. So in the end they were yelling at him and then they almost had to drag him across the street to the car.. had him up against it for a bit.. and then had to get him in the car which proved to be another series of yelling and then literally shoving him into it! WOW! Talk about action.. I don't think I have ever been that close to it.. and I don't quite know what to think about it either..

So that is my big story for the day, anyway, then I head home and have to run in the door and run out, since I had to drop something else off.. came home ate supper quick a sec, and turned around and left to go see if I liked what the seamstress had come up with for my Bridesmaid dresses... so that was all done, and off I went to Lethbridge.. I know talk about craziness.. anyway that can be a whole post in and of it self so this is all I'm going to do for today!

I'm almost falling asleep sitting here which is really bad.. but it is 11:45 already :)

10:43 PM


July 7, 2009


TUE
7
JUL

Yay!:)

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I totally only have one day left of work.. which has me super excited but at the same time I will honestly miss most of the people at work :( It has been a fantastic learning experience for me and hmm ya some of the things I learned definitely can only be learn't by experience... so not a bad thing at all!

I have really started to find that saying goodbye to everyone is the worst.. no no crying yet.. but who knows.. LOL :) I highly doubt it but right now because I'm really short on sleep who knows what will happen... funnier things have happened in the past.. Then again I have been amazed by what people are telling me.. today someone says to me.. "I will definitely miss having you around, you are one of the happiest people here".. Me: "are you serious, it is part of my job so what else am I supposed to be".. Her: " Well I can tell that the smile is not pasted on it is just part of who you are".. Ya, I guess I just never think about that one.. but it must be true because she isn't the only one who has said it to me... a certain special person in my life told me that shortly after we met as well... hmm ya who would that be.. LOL :)

9:11 PM


July 8, 2009


WED
8
JUL

I'm done work... :)

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

YAY! I'm so happy.. but let me tell you... I'm not stressed about the wedding but I sure have been because I have to try get everything wrapped up at work before I left.. :) All day I've been super busy and running around like crazy... so now I'm super tired!! Let me tell you... Anyway I got most things done and finally I was like forget it I'm not going to finish it... sucks for the people who have to deal with the last few things but I was already at work 20 minutes after 4:30 and I had had it... I could of sat there till 5:30 but whatever I wasn't going to do that.. I feel bad but whatever.. I'm done so that is that! I won't say I don't care because I kinda do...

4:42 PM


July 9, 2009


THU
9
JUL

I'm more than a little annoyed!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well yesterday I was supposed to have gotten my pay check.. but guess what.. umm no it didn't happen... and at this point that is a bad thing...cause I so need the money to pay for a bunch of things.. so that means out comes my MC again.. grrr. I hate charging things onto it but I almost have no choice at this point anymore.. the thing is I know I have the money to pay it right off but it still sucks.

I called this morning to find out what was up and was told that they had messed up on my stuff which is why.. so now I probably won't get it till next week.. I'm sorry are you kidding me people... give me half of my money I don't care... Whatever so I explained that I'm getting married and really need to have it, so she is going to see what she can do.. :)



July 11, 2009


SAT
11
JUL

I'm sad already...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I will probabaly sell my car to my sis on Monday and I'm already not happy about that.. :( It is "my" awesome little car... I know that it is only a car but when it is your first and only vehicle and you just like everything about it, it really does suck! So I guess I've almost had it for 4 years now!

I don't care what anyone says at this point it is just making me grumpy thinking about it... and since I can vent on my blog that way I hopefully don't take it out on everyone else..

7:47 PM

July 13, 2009


MON
13
JUL

I'm so weather stalking.. LOL!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0194

So it is supposed to be nice and sunny on Friday :) YAY!

9:36 AM



MON
13
JUL

One last time that I have to clean out my car...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
DSC_0619
Well since tomorrow is the official day that I sell my car to my sister I had to clean it inside and out... and since it was pouring raining.. I figured why not just soap it up inside and park it outside to rinse... LOL :) I guess we just need to wait till it stops raining and drys to see how well that worked...

DSC_0620
oh yes, bubbles everywhere... One thing my sister doesn't get is my floor mats! She can have whatever I don't want that I bought somewhere along the line but that isn't going to happen...

DSC_0623

See.. after a few minutes it was practically rinsed off already.. haha!

DSC_0625


And my floor mats get the rinse outside as well...

DSC_0622

Oh and I just had to show my dirty shoes.. the shop floor is by no means clean... and it was already wet from something else.. so yup that made for some very nice shoes.. in the end if my car isn't clean it won't be mine tomorrow anymore so I'm not cleaning it anymore.. and if the inside isn't clean enough for her.. well find the vacuum and cleaning cloths and polish away...

7:34 PM

July 14, 2009


TUE
14
JUL

Ok, so I'm grumpy about....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
the stupid pictures in the post about my car.. when I first posted them they were the right way and now they are sideways again... grrr.. and at this point apparently that is just the way they will be! I actually messed with it for about 1/2 hour yesterday trying to get them to post right.. so that is it!
7:57 AM



TUE
14
JUL

and so they straighten out again..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

LOL :)

Anyway the car is officially no longer mine.. :( I went this morning with my sister and changed all that wonderful stuff and got her all set with insurance etc. In the process the car is dirty again.. haha now I don't have to deal with it anymore..

1:11 PM


July 15, 2009


WED
15
JUL

Oh the joys of moving....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
.. I spent most of yesterday dealing with crap that I still need to pack... and I'm realy sick of it! At this point I just randomly would love to put things in a box and be done with it.. but of course nope not an option.. cause it is easier to label a box with the same type of stuff in it than if I would randomly do it.. Trust me I will survive! In the process I am throwing away a whole bunch of stuff cause I really don't feel like moving it and I don't want it later so that is a definite (k that looks like it is spelled wrong but for the life of me I can't seem to figure those things out anymore) benefit to having to do it this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.