So a quick little bit of back history. While pregnant at about 24 weeks into pregnancy I had my first gall bladder attack. I had no idea was it was and it was a one time occurrence that didn't happen again for a month. Due to it not happening again for such a long time I just thought that hey it must not be anything crazy. Well then I had another attack and mentioned it to my Mother in law who said it sounded like gall bladder. I went and did some research online and sure enough it did sound like it was. Well after the second attack I mentioned it to my Dr. who sent me to a specialist and an ultrasound. Sure enough my gall bladder was full of small stones. One problem, by this time I was into my third trimester and they weren't going to do surgery so I was going to have to live with the attacks.
Since I'm really not a fan of the idea of surgery I decided to see what I could learn about doing a cleanse.
~ First off it's not possible while pregnant or nursing. I'm going to stress this point because it's not something you want to consider due to the amount of toxins your body will release by doing a cleanse.
So with that option out of the way what could I do. Basically not much other than changing my diet, this was the hardest part, but if I cheated then I paid for it by having a severe attack.
The list of foods I cut out of my diet go as follows:
- All dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt etc)
- Fatty meats (beef, anything that had fat on it)
- I basically ate chicken breasts, and fish
- Spicy Foods
- no dressings on salads
What it comes down to is you need to figure out what is causing the attacks, what I've mentioned above it a big trigger for many people who have gall bladder attacks. I lived on eating Salads, with nuts, fruits, and meats.
Several other things I did:
1st thing in the morning, and before any meal, and before bed: I drank a glass of pure unfiltered apple juice with about 2 TBSP to 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2nd I took some homeopathic medicine: Chelidonium
3rd I took a herb: Milk Thistle
By the time I was 36 weeks along I managed to avoid having more attacks, I still stuck to my diet and taking the herb and homeopathic medicine because I didn't want to have more episodes if I could help it. I feel that because I changed my diet and took the herb, drank the juice etc. I was able to get my gall bladder functioning to somewhat of a reasonable point that I didn't have attacks all the time anymore.
After my daughter was born since I had a c-section I was still very cautious and didn't go back to eating whatever I wanted until she was at least 7 weeks old. When I did so I was very cautious and slowly tried little bits of different foods. I haven't had another attack at this point yet and she is now almost 2 years old. I wasn't able to do a cleanse prior to her being 20 months old since I was still nursing her which is the only reason I've put it off for so long.
A month ago I did my first cleanse and I passed a LOT of stones, in fact several that were fairly large and lots of pea sized ones. The cleanse results didn't surprise me, and it wasn't surprising that if the size stones I passed is what caused all the problems to start with. Due to the amount of stones I passed I'm actually doing a second cleanse to hopefully either pass no more stones which at least lets me know that I managed to clean out the worst of it, or pass a much smaller amount.
48 Hour Liver/Gall Bladder Cleanse
This is a 24 hour cleanse with a rapid cleanse of the Colon. It can be very effective but it is important to remember that some individuals systems may not be able to handle it. If completed you will likely see a large volume of (light) green stones passed, ranging from small bb size to small marble size.
What You'll need:
- 6 level TBSP of Epsom Salts
- 1 bottle of liquid magnesium - I couldn't get liquid but found powder that you add water too and it worked just as great. Ask for help at your local health food store if you can't find the liquid form. (Only take the amount that is recommended below, if you take more you won't be leaving the bathroom for a while)
- 4 oz. Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil - Put in the refrigerator it tastes better cold
20 oz. Organic Pink Grapefruit juice or Lemon Juice(not from concentrate) you can also squeeze your own fruit for the juice.
* you should be able to get this all at your local health food store.
24 Hour Liver Cleanse Protocol
* Eat your last meal at 6:00 p.m. the day before starting the cleanse
* The day of the cleanse you will fast until 6:00 p.m. (only filtered water)
* At 6:00 p.m. on the day of the fast, drink one cup of Epsom Salt Mixture, which is 3 level TBSP of epsom salts added to 8oz of water & 4 oz of Pink Grapfruit or Lemon juice if you prefer (I mixed it with the juice)
* At 8:00 p.m. drink 4 oz of liquid magnesium and 4 oz of Pink Grapefruit or Lemon Juice for taste. (stay close to restroom)
*At 10:00 p.m. Drink 4 oz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 4 oz of Pink Grapefruit or Lemon Juice.
- Stir together well then drink quickly before it get's a chance to seperate. Lie down for your nights sleep. It is okay if after several hours you feel the need to get up and vomit and to use the restroom.
Day 2: (you will start your Gall Bladder Cleanse Protocol this morning and continue with the Liver Cleanse)
Liver Cleanse continued:
* At 8:00 a.m. drink another cup of Epsom Salts mixture, which is 3 level TBSP of epsom salts added to 8oz of water & 4 oz of Pink Grapfruit or Lemon juice if you prefer
* At 10:00 a.m. drink 4 oz of liquid Magnesium and 4 oz of Pink Grapefruit or Lemon Juice for taste. Hunger will not be a concern. Watch stool for stones
24 Hour Gall Bladder Cleanse Protocol
This is also a 24 hour cleanse and starts on Day 2 of your liver cleanse. Hunger is not a concern. You will need 1 Gallon Organic Pure Unfiltered Apple Juice(no sugar added) and 4 oz of Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil and 4 oz of organic Lemon Juice or Grapefruit Juice, not from concentrate. Drink lots of water as well.
* At 7:00 a.m. Start drinking Apple Juice (do not eat food), you must consume full gallon before bedtime. Aim for 16 oz every 2 hours.
* At 8:00 a.m - see Liver cleanse
*At Bedtime drink 4 oz of Olive Oil, with 4 oz of Pink Grapefruit or Lemon Juice. The next morning you will pass completely different colored stones than before (darker green, and most likely bigger). You will also want to take one more dose of the Epsom Salt mixture and Magnesium to help clean out your colon, as you don't want to leave stones behind as they are full of toxins.
Eat when you feel like it. - You'll want to start with foods that are easy to digest for the first few days, apples, salads, and light soup broths with veggies.
Disclaimer: I'm in no way a certified health professional and don't promise anyone the same result. I found the information for this cleanse online and spoke to my chiropractor prior to attempting this cleanse. Who is also a certified health professional. I'm not responsible for what you do if you try this cleanse.