Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

December posts

MON
1
DEC
2008

Engagement Party

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well, after Friday night.. and the ton of stuff we got.. which is gone already btw.. John figured he would be able to take it all home so why ever not.. At least it is taken care of.. Oh and yup I don't have to store it.. LOL! (btw I didn't say that to be mean..) Well.. as I'm sitting here at work people have already been asking me what is wrong.. and I can only tell them that I'm missing John already.. and he only left 2 hrs ago..

In the end after having a crazy weekend and not seeing John as much as I would have liked it was still great and we still got some time together so I'm not complaining.. now the count down to Christmas!... so I guess only 24 more days, could be much worse... Anyway that is all for now I think...




MON
1
DEC
2008

Yup just finished posting.. now some more..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
I just remembered... I am super excited about this... I actually have another thing done and figured out for the wedding.. Saturday at the Craft Show I got Courtney for Collateral Jewlery to make me the necklaces for my wedding... I got mine done plus for the girls... It was much better than going out and buying the necklace that I tried on in the Bridal shop which would have costed me about $125.. now I have 3 necklaces for $100.. I kinda figured that it was a good deal and I love them!! Well that is about all I'm going to add to that for now.. I guess everyone will just have to wait and see


MON
1
DEC
2008

Can you tell???

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
I don't feel like being at work or working right now!! In the end I'm having to much fun on my blog.. which is kinda fun.. but at the same time I'm still super bored.. and tired.. and sad ..But more tired than anything

December 2, 2008


TUE
2
DEC
2008

Christmas is only 23 days away...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well, I'm really starting to get the feel for Christmas after we went through all the work of putting up the tree, and lights/garland at work.. (more tomorrow yet) it is really starting to seem like it is getting closer.. but then again when the craft shows start that always makes it seem like it as well.. and since we did our first one last weekend that made a difference as well. Not only putting up the stuff but also to the point that we are annoying some people here.. with the music, you can't put out the Christmas stuff, have snow etc. and not listen to Christmas music! LOL... anyway more tomorrow




TUE
2
DEC
2008

I know what I want to do tonight...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well among many different things that I could do tonight... Such as getting my thank-you cards all written out.. or getting a ticket for the Handel's Messiah tonight (not really though.. trying to save some money), or sit at home and talk to John (which I'm doing anyway) and actually do something useful.. and try to go to bed on time (dream on!).. but that is about the different options that I have so I guess we will see what happens.. oh and I should start thinking about getting the family Christmas cards figured out!.. hmm I guess more than enough different options..

After work I got some stuff to do in town and so that will keep me away from home for a little bit and after that I guess we will see! I need to go gift shopping one of these days yet.. hmm maybe tomorrow.. since I have to get a wedding gift before Friday yet! and I need to get my Christmas presents figured out sometime yet as well!! Which is pretty straight forward it will just take some time.. oh well that doesn't matter..




TUE
2
DEC
2008

Yay! one more thing done!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
I got all my thank-you cards done.. and I ended up baking at the same time so I have got several things accomplished tonight.. one which I wasn't even planning to do but I have to bring something to work tomorrow for coffee so that was the incentive.. generally I love baking but I just hate doing it at night after I have already spent a whole day working.. in this case I guess I just did it.. desparation helps though!

December 4, 2008


THU
4
DEC
2008

Family Frame

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Family Frame

Well after I went shopping yesterday and finally bought myself a frame I decided I had to use some decor elements right away.. and ta da! This is what the end result is.. matches the quilt I'm making or not.. eh? Well anyway it still needs pictures in it but I haven't decided quite how I'm going to put them on so that they can be replaced as needed... hmm well I guess that is for some other time! for now I guess this is it!




THU
4
DEC
2008

Last night...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well since I bought my necklace.. I decided I wanted to see it on with my dress.. so I was working on the frame and then I ended up running to put it on and walked around the house for a bit and off it went again! In the end I had more than a little fun! Now I just can't wait till I get my veil.. shoes etc... I don't know if I want to go out and buy expensive ones or if I just want to go with shoes from Spring.. which is where I usually get my shoes... depends if I think $30 more or so is worth it... I also need to go pick out my tiara with mom but I sorta know what I want so no big deal there.. hmm other than that on Saturday we are going to go talk to Beverly who is going to be sewing my bridesmaid dresses and altering mine, and get all of that figured out so things are starting to happen... I'm kinda excited right now! LOL

Then again.. having a wedding tomorrow should be fun as well! Just make me wish mine was sooner most likely but hey it is all good.. I will get over it.. and every day I look at my little countdown thingy and check.. today I was just thinking it just seems like I put it on my blog just the other day.. and now it is almost a month later.. it was over 8 months when I put it on and now it is only 7 months and 13 days.. hmm time flys.. and I guess my own wedding will be here before I know it, right now it just seems to be taking forever!




THU
4
DEC
2008

Going shopping..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well I have decided that I might just do a quick run to the mall and get some Christmas shopping done.. since I don't feel like trying to deal with it next week.. busy and then it will only get worse in the mall as well.. hmm I will see how it is tonight.. but I want to get it done!



December 5, 2008


FRI
5
DEC
2008

My shopping??

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

LOL.. so I was fully planning to go do some shopping when I remembered I had to bring my chain from my necklace to get it fixed and so that ended that.. still haven't done any shopping Oh well one of these days.. which reminds me I need to write myself a big note. I keep forgetting to go pick up some envelopes! grrr... anyway so that needs to be done after work.. I am taking off to go to Evert & Treena's wedding from 10:30 - 1:30 so I have to come back to work and then see how much time I have after work to do some other stuff... hmm and then head home do my hair eat, and go! At least I made the card last night so I don't have to worry about doing it after I get home today! Anyway more after I get back from the wedding!




FRI
5
DEC
2008

Wedding/Evert & Treena's

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well I do know after having done it several times now.. I hate, having to go back to work after weddings... I end up feeling like I'm going to freak out because I get this feeling I won't be back at work on time.. which I was with 5 min to spare this time around but last time with my cuz' wedding I sure wasn't.. Oh well no one complains so it is all good!

One thing is for sure... I like the way I'm used to weddings happening compared to how they do it there! But I guess every church has differences and then that isn't necessarily it either because every pastor does things differently... So I guess just the fact that it was different and the fact that there are things that they don't do there that we do, do.. I don't know kinda weird! But it was a nice service so in the end whatever, they are married and that is all that matters!



December 6, 2008


SAT
6
DEC
2008

Evert & Treena's wedding..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Evert & Treena
They had their wedding reception in the Coaldale Community Centre, which worked out well. Her table decorations were Yellow poinsettia's of which I took one home.. for the rest simple.. just a mega time program that took forever! But they had tons of very funny skits, which was alright... like the one that they used air mattress pumps and had 3 teams of 4, who had to blow up ballons sitting on the pump to do so... yup imagine that.. figure that could be easy well they found out otherwise as well! There were more but this is all I will go into detail about on my blog... The wine was exceptional! But we have Evert's dad to thank for that, personally the white wine was my favorite, but the red was good as well, almost to dry for my taste though.. then again it could have been worse, seeing that I have had worse! I think my new favorite drink has become Spiced Rum and Coke though! No more coolers for this girl.. mixes it is!
Treena & MeHad to take a bunch of pictures for myself.. I always like looking back later and checking things out.. I also love Treena's Colors.. Especially her own dress, the color looks awesome on her! I like how she had the green cape on top in the morning with the ceremony and she switched it to this cute little jacket later, as well as adding the train to the back! Very cool idea!
Cake cutting time


Time to cut the cake.. at least she fed it to him, and didn't stuff it in his face.. LOL Even then you can always just have fun with it which ever way you decide to do it! .. Just like my cuz.. for that well go look back on my blog to this summer and then you can have that all figured out as well...



December 8, 2008


MON
8
DEC
2008

About my weekend other than the wedding...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I could have posted this on Saturday as well but I was still pretty ticked off about it so that is why.. just wait till you hear what it is On Friday night as I was driving home from the reception.. at 12:00 or so.. I hit a deer with my car Now that it was the 2nd time that I have had something like this happen to me.. well I was ticked off but what else can you do.. at least it was only the car but still!

In the end... well my car looks like crap right now!!! It kinda hit the passenger side, so in the mean time my grill is busted (2nd time) and the hood is bent majorly, and the light on the passenger side has pretty much been ripped out when it got pushed back, as well as the side being slightly dented and paint being gone... I didn't bother to stop, seeing as my car stilled seemed to be running fine and I figure hitting a deer at 80 km.. well it doesn't have a chance.. so I drove home and checked it out there.. couldn't see a lot in the dark though!

In the morning Mom came into my room and was like, "what happened to your car". To which I calmly said.. oh I hit a deer on the way home... (shrug) really what else was there to say.. looked worse in daylight than it did at night though! Other than that my weekend wasn't to bad... makes a difference I was to tired to do a whole lot and I didn't want to think to much anyway!



December 9, 2008


TUE
9
DEC
2008

To much to do, to little time!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
I'm sure that sounds familiar... since that is about the story of my life! Last night I spent all evening getting ready for two separate Stampin' Events. One is my Stamper' 9 tonight and then the other is a Card Making evening tomorrow night for a group of 10. In the end I finished everything for my Wednesday evening event but still need to go home and finish the stuff for tonight, and obviously that means rushing home and getting that done... maybe finding time to talk to John somewhere in there.. and otherwise I guess that means we are down to texting only tonight... which wouldn't be the first time but it still isn't fun! Trust me... after we get used to talking every night.. well lets just put it this way.. it sucks not to then! Oh and now that I'm blogging about stampin' stuff, I remember I have a swap to finish for Friday as well... Well I guess we just keep adding stuff to the list since that seems to be the thing to do! Gotta go do the Christmas shopping yet as well sometime.. (how many times have I said that?)

December 10, 2008


WED
10
DEC
2008

Another day of work..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well since I don't have tons of stuff going on today.. such as the regular meeting stuff etc. I figure today will become a day of entering work orders into the Maintenance system! I don't particularly get why I get all the training on the system when I will be leaving in 1/2 year and they know it but whatever.. it keeps me busy so I won't complain! Anyway more later...


WED
10
DEC
2008

I wish I didn't have to go anywhere tonight!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I am so sick of having to go places and do things.. even though half the time it is my own doing!! After being busy last night and ending up in bed late, having to go and do another event is just not a thrilling idea! Last night's stampin' group was fine but I was supper tired by the time I got to bed.. even then I was txting John and feel asleep on him.. which just goes to show I should have been sleeping earlier!

Tonight I have a Card making evening with a group of about 10 people, so we will see how that goes.. hopefully they hurry up a bit and just get it done, since I really don't feel like being there till even 10... from 7:30-9:30 should be tons of time!! After all I have to be there from 7 till who knows when... I should just do these sorta events at my house and be done with it because it just complicates my life when I need to go else where! Oh well I will get over it... eventually I do make money on doing these things.. I can tell I'm tired right now and just want to complain about everything..



December 12, 2008


FRI
12
DEC
2008

Yay! One thing done of of my list of things to do again!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
So yesterday after work I decided it was time to hit the mall and get my shopping done! That is my Christmas gift shopping that I had to do... I was procastinating because I didn't know what to get John, but finally figured it out in the mall... had an idea just didn't know if I wanted to do that or not.. Cynthia his sister was easy... I knew for a few months already what I wanted to get her so no biggie there.. anyway that is all for now!

December 13, 2008


SAT
13
DEC
2008

Loving the snow.. just not the cold weather!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well after we finally get snow I'm really not going to complain.. I really love it when the ground is covered in snow in the winter but when it is absolutely way to cold to do anything outside... well it isn't great! Driving home last night was not great either... there were way to many people hitting the ditch, having accidents etc.. but then you have the occasional person who decides that you might be smarter to drive 30 Km..??? I don't know.. to me you might as well go with the flow and do around at least 60 -80 Km... but apparently not everyone thought so.. or maybe I'm just a bit of a crazy driver?? In the end.. well I made it home safe so I'm won't complain! Just hoping that the topic gets cancelled tonight.. means I won't have to go anywhere! Sit around the fire with a mug of cider, and a good book.. that is about what you do in weather like this, other than that well I need to work on my quilt today!

December 15, 2008


MON
15
DEC
2008

Saturday update...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well on Saturday I was supposed to spend all afternoon working on my quilt but for some reason things have to happen when you are busy and don't want them too... that being Dad ended up bringing Tanya to work because her car was still there since she couldn't get it started and that accidentally locked the keys in the truck.. so lo and behold who has the wonderful job of running all the way to P.Butte to bring the spare?? Me! Of course when I got there they were sitting down for coffee break so I sat down there.. then Tanya was going to be staying at an Aunt & Uncles for the weekend so I had to drop off her stuff there.. when I got there well I got asked if I wanted to sit down for a bit.. couldn't really say no since it had been forever since I had been there and talked to them.. so sit down for a while.. then I had to bring her their house key, and after that well since I was in town I ran into the bakery.. and from there well finally home we go! Came home and it was almost time to talk to John so there went my wonderful afternoon of working on my quilt...


MON
15
DEC
2008

Monday night

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well I have been more than busy enough tonight! I have a consultation with a bride for her wedding invitations etc. tomorrow night and just wanted to make a few more samples for her.. which turns out to be more work that I want it to be! In the end I sorta know what she liked and now I just wanted to make several different options for her to choose from.. turns out to be more work that I want it to be since I need to install the printer from online stuff, since who knows where the disk is..taking time.. sucks at this moment in time! I'm tired and want to go relax but apparently not quite yet! Oh well in a while.. doing this is helping me out since this way I have a good idea of what I like as well! Then I will just show John and be like O.K. these are your options which one do you like better? Works don't you think! LOL Oh well..looks like I still have to wait for a while to get going on this..

Today at work was crazy enough.. not because I was stupid busy.. but just because we went out for Christmas Lunch with the Admin staff... and so we were gone for almost 2 hours or so... but it was good and nice to get out for a change of pace.. then back to work for 2 hours, which was a laugh.. really I was tired after getting stuffed.. and felt like I could use a nap right then and there! Didn't though......... other than that same old, same old... Working on more than on thing at a time.. which reminds me that my quilt that I finished earlier this year is done getting quilted and I need to remember to go pick it up tomorrow.. maybe even get the binding finished and sewed on so that I can have it to the point that I just need to do the wonderful part of having to sew it on by hand on the opposite side... YAY, finally! I was thinking I could take this along when I go down to see John next week and just do it when we are sitting around.. works and at least I will get it done! Now I just need to get my butt in gear and finish the quilt for our bed! Working on it and trying to get a resolution that I need to do something on it everyday! Today... well that went down the drain, came home and had to get to work on Stampin' Up! stuff.. but then again.. like always I have tons of stuff to do and not enough hours in the day to do everything... Story of my life! Oh well I'm more than used to it so I'm not going to complain about it!



December 17, 2008


WED
17
DEC
2008

Yesterday...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well all in all yesterday was a bit of a crazy day for me! Work was busy in the morning and the first part of the afternoon after that.. well I sat around puttering on things here and there... Kinda boring. After work I had to run pick up some parcels at Purolator and then run to pick up the quilt that I finished earlier in the year... I will post a picture of that once I get around to it! Now I just need to finished the binding on that one and ta da.. another quilt done! I was there in the store.. and I know I shouldn't say this because it is bad!!... but I saw several more different types of fabric that I would love to make a quilt with! This time in a Light turquoise blue and Chocolate brown! Love the fabric!!! I might just cave and go get some! Anyway to get from Purolator to the mall where the quilt store is took me like 20 minutes which is insane usually it should take me 10 minutes tops.. not yesterday! By the time I left town I was sick of it already.. the way people drive because there is snow on the road etc...

Then in the evening I had a Invitation Consultation with a Bride who wanted to do her own invites etc. So I came home got stuff ready had supper turned around went back to town. Then after I was finished there (8:40 or so) I went to Zellars, to do some shopping and then I had to go do some groceries so I could make stuff for the Potluck at work today. In the end I got home around 9:30 and then made Creamy Crab & Red Pepper dip, as well as having Janita help me make Egg Nog... Which to us till about 10:45.. and then it was time to get to bed.. eventually........ It was worth doing it last night though because this way at least I didn't have to do it this morning when the house is freezing and I would rather be in bed for a while yet!



December 18, 2008


THU
18
DEC
2008

Grr.. don't I ever wish I was sitting at home doing nothing!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
I'm so sick of sitting at work doing nothing and I'm sure I could find tons of stuff to do at home! Like working on my quilt for one! I have been phoning around asking several different places for quotes on Wedding cakes.. since I'm board stiff anyway I might as well find something useful to do at work! LOL Not like today is the first time this week either.. I could be doing something but honestly I could really screw that up at this point in time as well so I won't even think about touching it! Well I guess if you haven't figured out how my day has been then I don't know if you ever will....


THU
18
DEC
2008

Wednesday night

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well since I talked to John before supper, since he was busy later.. we went skating on the pond... that only lasted about 1/2 hr. because it was -20 so a tad cold but it was awesome! Got my exercise in for once.. and had tons of fun at the same time... then when I got back inside I went downstairs and had some fun with my stampin' stuff... and then well ummm I guess I went to my room and decided to pack some of my books, since I need to start getting some stuff down there before I am there, or I will be missing tons of it.. as it is I will be!

December 19, 2008


FRI
19
DEC
2008

Yay! It's Friday today!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well I'm hoping that I can find something to do today and then at least I only have 2 more days of work and then holidays it is! I so can't wait at this point in time! More later


FRI
19
DEC
2008

Today was not any fun at all...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well after sitting around at work for most of the day I'm really sick of it! This morning I didn't do a whole lot... then for lunch we had the JOSH committee potluck so that was an hour for lunch and then I was super full and tired... but got to work and finished entering some info into the computer so we can do the rollover next week... then did nothing again for the rest of the afternoon! Really sucks at this point in time! Gotta go buy a few things tonight yet and then I should be set!

December 20, 2008


SAT
20
DEC
2008

Saturday

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well today was pretty normal.. work for mom in the morning and then in the afternoon.. well I spent all my time working on my quilt! I actually got all the blocks sewn together, so that means... Monday I will be sitting on the floor laying it all out, so that way I know how it looks and it should be ready to get sewn together! I can't wait!!! The sooner I get it done the better, seeing as I need to get it done so I can bring it to the quilting store to have then quilt it for me! Since they take forever.. I finally got my other one back and I brought it in sometime in March I think... now I need to get the binding sewn on that one... then I might even think about taking it along so I can sit and sew the binding by hand on the one side when I go to Sunnyside next week! But I will see! ... Anyway that is about all the news for me this week! Glad it is Saturday!

December 22, 2008


MON
22
DEC
2008

Grrr... work shouldn't be so boring!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well I can totally tell that we are looking at the 22 of December today.. LOL, even though it isn't really funny! Honestly the phone has hardly gone I have very little to do.. so I guess to sum it all up I'm bored stiff... sucks and I hate it but I guess I will survive somehow! Especially after I ended up going to bed way to late last night! I ended up sitting around talking to Mom after all the others were in bed (other than Evert) and of course it got late.. so now I'm tired and the fact that there is nothing going on at work makes it worse! Oh well... more later!

December 23, 2008


TUE
23
DEC
2008

YAY! I can't wait!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well first things first... Last night was crazy! After I finally got home I started laying out all my squares for the quilt and finally got that figured out, after mom & Tanya didn't like how something looked but I didn't think it was a huge deal.. finally they told me to figure it out! Which works for me! It is my quilt after all and nothing that we did would work without going all the way back and trying to get it figured out! I will post a picture when I have sometime.. not for a while though.. (I don't think!) Tonight I need to get a ton of stuff done.. get my butt in bed on time.. so that I can get out early Wednesday morning!

So after I got that done... I started cutting the binding for my other quilt which I'm trying to get done... I will post a picture of that one as well once it is done! and tonight I have to pack all my crap as well since I refuse to have to do so tomorrow morning! It's called when I get out of bed I don't want to have to deal with alot of it and it will be easier on me if I can just get ready and go, no fuss no hassle! Anyway I think that is all for now.. hopefully today is more exciting that yesterday!!!!!!!!!



December 25, 2008


THU
25
DEC
2008

Update on Trip/Sunnyside

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well after having to drive for over 11 hours we were really glad to get here! For the most part till we got about 1/2 hr from the B.C. Idaho border the roads weren't to bad, but after that we had Ice/snow covered roads almost the whole way! Obviously this sucks and really makes for a very long trip! Anyway so that is over with for a few days and I guess we will see what happens when we need to go home.. who knows they might be the same... hopefully better but I think that is a dream on case!

Other than that.. well we did our gift exchange here at John's house and I know I had told him a long time ago I really wanted to get a Photoshop program.. so yup.. that is what I got from him! And a digital photoframe! Anyway that is all for now!



December 26, 2008


FRI
26
DEC
2008

Sunnyside...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well now that Christmas is over and done with maybe we will get some relaxing time in here! When we got in on Wednesday night we were really tired because of the long drive but as usual I have the attitude I might as well suck it up and get over it, and the fact that I'm spending time with John makes it better!

So that evening we went to Tante Maaike's and had supper there, and a gift exchange which we a blast... then we came home and had the gift exchange with the family... and sat around till I don't know what time... it was late though! Then on Christmas morning I had forgotten to turn off my alarm from the morning before on my cell so at 6:00 there it went.. and I couldn't sleep after that so after laying awake for 1/2 hr. I got up.. so by last night I was super duper tired! Went to bed late again though Btw is that anything new?? Either way I slept till 9:00 this morning which made a huge difference! Other than that well we have sorta had a slow day around here... I helped Cynthia lay out her quilt so that she could sew it together...

P.S. I actually finished the other quilt of mine that I took along so I will post a picture of that eventually so that you can all have a look and see it! Since I'm not taking that home after dragging it all the way here!



December 30, 2008


TUE
30
DEC
2008

Talk about a crappy trip back!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well from most of my other posts I'm sure that you have figured out that I had a awesome time visiting John and his family! Busy but that is pretty normal as well... especially at Christmas time! So yesterday morning I got up bright and early... that could be a whole story in itself... LOL! Tanya & John both didn't think I could get up at 5:30 so I had to prove them wrong... so yup I was up around that time and we were on the road at 20 after 6 already.... Pacific time so technically 7:20 for us heading back home! Which is almost a record for me because I usually never do that! In the end I'm glad we did get going so early since we had a bad trip home! For the most part when we left Sunnyside it was pretty good... it was raining but hey I can take some rain... We had rain till about Sprague Lake and then we had snow & rain.. and from there well wet snow etc.. so that mean't slick roads the rest of the way!

Before we hit the bad patch I had been tired and would have switched off with Tanya but she we sleeping and so by the time she woke up I was wide awake again... then I drove to Post Falls where we fueled up.. and then Rathdrum where we stopped for a bit to eat in Dairy Queen.. I got stretched out and so I just kept on driving rather than switching.. we got to the border and then I told Tanya I would drive to Cranbrook, where I was planning to hit Tim Hortons for my cup of coffee and let her drive from there... turns out I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of having to stop on the other side of the road and try get back on so I decided to drive through to Fernie... Unfortunately the roads were horrible and so it took forever to get there since everyone we crawling and only doing about 30 Km.... Oh well got there got my coffee and Tanya drove the rest of the way home! We finally got home around 8:15... so that make it how many hours??? Something like close to 13 hours... compare that to the normal 9.5 we are talking way to crazy long!

Got home had to talk to mom & dad for a bit... called John for a bit.. had supper, and sat back and had to talk some more... in the end even though I was super exhausted I still didn't get to bed till 11 and then had to go to work this morning feeling like I could sleep for a few more hours.......... I guess that about sums it all up... now I have to go read my other posts and figure out what I put on my blog already and what I still need to get on it!

Oh before I forget I was planning to post a picture of my other quilt but I finished it there and never took a picture, and since I left it there I guess not.. unless someone out there decides to post it for me?! Okay, enough of this for now.. back to work I go!




TUE
30
DEC
2008

Cynthia's Gift

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Hee Hee I just check so here I go again! From the names that were drawn for gifts John's sister Cynthia got mine and so that was kinda fun..since I had her's!

Okay so before I tell you what I got from her I will have to tell you what the story behind all this stuff is!

James (John's brother) when I was there a few months ago he had on his cowboy boots, wrangler jeans, and western shirt, so I was bugging him that he didn't have on a cowboy hat, as well and not the correct belt! Anyway so the next day I had on my plaid shirt and so he says to me well you aren't dress the right way either. He figured that I needed to go out and buy myself some boots as well etc... etc.. any way so that has been the running joke ever since! Then for Christmas John decided to get James a cowboy hat, and apparently when I was talking to him he had been planning to get me one as well, but then his dad said it might be better if it came from Cynthia.. so she gave me a hat, and bandana... (anyway correct me if I'm wrong on any of this John! but I think that was sorta how it went)... yup there are pictures somewhere... gotta get those yet though since they aren't on my camera to begin with! .... that is about all for now!

I will try post some pictures tonight when I have some time!



December 31, 2008


WED
31
DEC
2008

Yay! I'm happy today!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well at least today is only a short day at work which is definitely nice! Got to work till 2 and then I'm off to figure out what I want to do... might find someone to hang out with for a while otherwise I'm headed home and will work on my quilt! Hopefully I can get it all sewn together in the next few days and then I can get it to the quilting store! The sooner the better on the last one that is!

Yesterday after work I had my share of excitement as well! I had to run all the way to the other side of town first to pick up a parcel at Purolator and then I had to stop in at Elena's (John's cuz) to drop off a few boxes for her to take down to Sunnyside. So I get to Elena's and nicely get stuck in all the snow along the street... so I tryed to do the typical thing of rocking it back and forth to see if I could get anywhere and nope absolutely not! So when I got to the door, and told her, she told me now she wished she had told me to go around the back since it was clear back there! Anyway so she thought she might be able to push me out... but nope... so out came the shovel! Still didn't really work.. and then some guy came along and gave us a hand... then they pushed me out from the back and away I went... I would say enough of an adventure for the day! All the streets in town are horrible though so it kinda sucks to go anywhere these days!

Got home and packed up the last of my books and brought them to John's Aunt & Uncle so they could take them along for me... and ta da! No more books of mine left at home now! The bookcase does look really empty now.. as well as my cupboard since there was a shelf full of them in there as well.... oh well.. now I will have to see what I can take next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.