Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

March posts

March 2, 2009


MON
2
MAR

One last quick post...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
... for a few days that is, since the auditors show up in a bit that means no surfing the net for a few days... because anything they see or hear could not be a good thing.... so super professional for a few days here! Really sucks because that means I'm going to be trying to act busy when I really don't have that much to do!

March 3, 2009


TUE
3
MAR

general...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

well I'm starting to figure out that having to have a title for every blog entry itsn't fun... as you can tell they are starting to change depending on what I feel like doing...

Anyway at least one audit is over and done at work... now I can relax and go back to doing things the way I normally do! hmmm it might not be a good thing but that is just reality when I don't have better things to do... or even if I do usually if I only do work I am done really fast and still sit around and do nothing... and that sucks as well.. so I might as well do it the usual way... two different things at once.... like wedding stuff and work at the same time... great way of doing things...

I just got back from choir, which was pretty good, but I'm sorta tired so it wasn't great, but at least I could sing this week unlike last week when I was still having serious issues with my voice because of my cold! Last night I went to an OptionElle cloths party at Aunt Sjanne's (John's aunt) and bought a jean skirt and a jade colored scarf.... I am thinking about doing my own party now... which reminds me I was supposed to make a phone call and totally forgot till I typed that out...oooopss... so that is first.. LOL! I had to make that call first before I could finish my blog entry! So that is done, but she wasn't home so that ends that.. now either it is email or a phone call in the morning.

Tomorrow night I have a rehersal for a Music Fundraiser for the new church, I am playing a few pieces with my sisters so that will take the whole evening right there, since we can't only come for our piece but actually have to stay for the whole thing Oh I guess I will survive but with my weeking being the way it is it just isn't a whole lot of fun that way. Thursday night we have a church service... who know's I might manage to get out of that, not that it makes any difference to me and I usually don't mind going but when my week is like this week... well that says it all. Friday, well that is the big night... that we have to play in front of a large crowd.. and then I also sing in choir, and we have to sing two pieces so it could be interesting. Depending on how late we have to play, hopefully before the intermission because the choir sings right after so then I can leave since I have an engagement party that I want to go to that night as well.... hmmm so that leaves pretty much Saturday night with nothing to do. Since it is DST that will be good because otherwise I so would be getting very little sleep this week... Anyway so that about sums up my week... I might just think about going up to Calgary on Saturday since I have several things I need to do, but that all depends on the weather and what the roads are like, since they are talking about snow, and they keep changing the forecast!

Oh well enough for now... L8r



March 6, 2009


FRI
6
MAR

Oh for this insane week to be over....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
... would be really nice! I'm starting to feel like the week is never going to end, I know, I know it is Friday today but still! Work has been stressful, because of the audit it also doesn't help that after the audit is done I don't have any work because I have been keeping myself busy for a few days straight which is so not normal for me at all I guess I will be trying to find stuff to do today, and hopefully the day goes by faster than it is right now!


FRI
6
MAR

Seriously this is sick!!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well I know I have to much time at work when I starting finding things like this to post but, honestly it can't get a whole lot sicker than it is. Apparently this groom went and robbed a/several banks so that his bridezilla could have the wedding she wanted. Check out the link.

http://www.wptv.com/entertainment/weirdnews/story/Groom-robs-banks-to-pay-for-wedding/nkmee7v3uECgAkfc79K78w.cspxOpen in a new window

Some people now a days have serious issues...




FRI
6
MAR

Now I'm having fun...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

... LOL but check out some more stuff.. some of it funny some of it not so much so... oh well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090306/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_spain_cocaineOpen in a new window

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090306/ap_on_fe_st/odd_six_lightsOpen in a new window



March 9, 2009


MON
9
MAR

Wow.. have I ever been...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
...bored at work once again. It did help that I had a meeting that I had to take minutes for but still in the end very few changes so still no major things to do... and then we have another crappy audit tomorrow. The worst thing is that I have to take minutes for the opening meeting and I have no idea what to expect, but at least if that is all that is expected of me I can take it. They better not think about asking me questions. The biggest reason I say that is because I'm sorta freaked out that I will give the wrong answer and then we are really screwed... oh well. Not that I would give the wrong answer mind you.. just that I don't have anything more to add...
3:04 PM | Permalink | 1 comment


March 11, 2009


WED
11
MAR

Annoyed or what?

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Let me tell you having no work to do and then having to try find little things to do and try to make them last all day is really not a whole lot of fun! Especially because there is an audit for several days.. and not the last one either... we still have several more to go I will survive but right now it really sucks and I guess I am complaining about it once again. I think for the next one I'm not here though so that makes me happy!

March 12, 2009


THU
12
MAR

Yay.. Another audit done

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well at least they didn't find anything major so we are good for another two years.. once we get the minor things resolved that is.. Now I just need to figure out how to format the minutes.. grrr... That will be the worst part for me.. oh well time to buckle down and get that done.

March 13, 2009


FRI
13
MAR

E-Pics...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Engagement Pics Sherilyn 068
Ok so here are several more pictures... I could post more but I will leave it at this. If you want to check out some more like I said in my earlier post the Engagement Picture album has them.. Enjoy

Engagement Pics Sherilyn 017
Check this out.. we are in Canada after all.... hee hee.....

Engagement Pics Sherilyn 029
Picture of the ring..

Engagement Pics Sherilyn 022
Now it was a cold day and then we sat on a cold wall.. and also stood on it.. and let me tell you it was cold after that..

IMGP0107
Gotta love the telephone booth.. LOL

IMGP0130
This is my favorite pose. I don't know why but I just like how it looks I guess..



March 16, 2009


MON
16
MAR

I can't believe that I did this....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

.. I went to Timmy's today after work for a coffee with Leanna, and guess what...?? I forgot to roll my rim. !!!!!!!!!! I mean seriously how dumb is that.?? LOL Anyway I was kinda annoyed when I thought about it how much later...... 20 minutes if not more... oh well I keep telling myself I haven't won anything yet and I probably never will since I never have all these years, and it isn't why I'm buying the coffee anyway, but if I could get a free one or a donut it would make my day.. any of the other prizes.. well I would hit the roof LOL...! Anyway of all the cups I've had so far no luck yet so I doubt today would have been the day anyway!

OK, so I'm on my way home when I thought about it so I text Leanna.. with guess what I didn't do... so when I told her, she tells me she had done the same thing not so long ago as well.. when she told her dad he couldn't believe how dumb she was.. LOL.. I guess that makes for two dummies in this world... LOL (I'm really laughing hard at myself now)... oh well it was good to find out about that..



March 17, 2009


TUE
17
MAR

I'm so sick of work....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
..... grrrr.. I have minutes to finish but I'm super sick of them and I have to get them done for a meeting on Thursday.. then I have to get the Audit minutes done and then the Exec minutes from today.... seriously at this moment in time.. well I'm not sure what I would like to do to them.. something so they would go away or be done.. or that I would never have to do it again.. at least for a while... that would be the best.. I don't really hate them that much.. just when I have this many to do and have to get them all done.. My head is starting to hurt.. (not seriously). I think I really need another Timmy's after work today.. Oh well back to the JOSH Minutes I go (Occupational Safety & Health).


TUE
17
MAR

My exciting day...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

.. or not.. I spent all day at work either working on minutes or in a meeting.. that really sucked... and then by the end of the day I was so sick of the minutes.. I don't know I think I wish I could burn them all and not have to deal with them for another long while..

After work.. went to the car wash to wash my car.. not that it helps alot but whatever..well then...I went home and had to go work on that wonderful quilt of mine.. and John's I should say.. LOL.. hmm got a ways on that.. then quick at supper and then rather than going to choir like a good girl (since I skipped last week and will skip next week)... I went to the U of L for a Prolife "topic.." it had to do with good argumentive skills etc. when dealing with the public and abortion.. it was really interesting.. I learn't alot and now I'm really overwhelmed.. but it was an awesome learning experience and hopefully it can be put to good use somewhere along the way..

Well now that I'm home and have got this out of my system.. I guess I should think about going to bed since I'm really tired.. Oh well.. gotta finish my chat with John first though....



March 19, 2009


THU
19
MAR

5 minute Chocolate Mug Cake

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

WEll I got this recipe at work and apparently it is supposed to be really good.. I don't know haven't tried it and probably won't but how cute is that for a gift idea. You could put all the dry ingredients in the mug and give them the recipe to make it..

Recipe:

4 tablespoons Flour

4 tablespoons Sugar (crap that is alot, I would think about cutting that back).

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well. Add the egg and mix throughly.

Pour in the milk and oil, mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

AND WHY IS THIS THE MOST DANGEROUS CAKE RECIPE IN THE WORLD???

BECAUSE NOW WE ARE ONLY 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE CAKE AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT!!!!

ENJOY!



March 23, 2009


MON
23
MAR

Friend & My Trip....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well today's trip to Sunnyside was pretty uneventful... we had some snow in B.C. so that made for some icy roads, then we had some rain. After that it was just peachy! This friend of mine used my camera to take some pics.. which I gotta admit she was a pretty good photog.. Anyway at least I have some more boxes of stuff down here and my quilt. I will update more information on our whole trip once I have sometime.. more like at another computer with a different keyboard..



March 25, 2009


WED
25
MAR

I'm home again.. Day 1..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

.. so is that "FRIEND" of mine.. LOL... she doesn't want me to use her name so in that case she just becomes friend.. anyway we had a awesome trip.. get ready for the whole story..

Monday: We left right around 6:30 MST, and drove till we hit Fort Macleod, quick pit stop to fuel up there since the truck was almost out and I hate driving along way with only a small amount in the tank.. the next stop was in Cranbrook as usual for my Timmy's coffee and muffin.. Oh and ya this time I made sure I rolled the rim unlike last time.. We got to the border in some record time even though we did have some snow and icy roads but that wasn't to bad.. that was actually before Cranbrook, so between Fernie and there.. got to the border and got through super fast which was just great.. gotta love that border guy!!! Awesome job dude! Anyway from there well, we stopped in Post Falls to fuel up and then hit the road again. From there we decided that we were going to go shopping in Spokane so off to TJ Maxx we went. "FRIEND" found a skirt and I found a few things for mom & my sis possibly, I am going back with in 30 days so if it doesn't work out I will just return it in April which isn't a big deal. Then we hit the road again, and drove till we got to Sunnyside. Once we got to Sunnyside I kinda showed her around town and then decided to see if I could find the duplex that is in the process of being purchased and we will be living in 1/2 of it.. bombed around the hill and town for a while before we headed to the V.W. residence.. :) So that was pretty much our driving trip... We kinda hung around for a bit till John got home and then we headed up to the duplex to see the inside of it.. and that was about it for that day... Day two story in next post..




WED
25
MAR

Day 2...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

So John obviously had to work so we had to find something to entertain ourselves with.. so what do you think two girls with nothing better to do decide to do.. We went to the mall... ta da.. Anyway we mostly went just for the lack of nothing better to do.. I know crazy eh? So we did buy a few things.. ear rings.. books.. braclets.. hmm what else.. nothing amazing anyway.. Then we sat and people watched for a while which was alright, had some lunch etc. and decided to header back, because "Dad" (to be) called and told us we could head up to where he was working if we wanted... so I gave him a call and got directions.. mind you that turned into 3 calls.. Oh well get over the phone bill Alise... I pretty much drained my battery on my phone that day.. any way so we got a great lesson on different fruit trees and why they do certain things the way the do etc. it was great.. anyway then we left and headed back to Sunnyside when we decided that we needed to check out a big dairy.. more like I decided I needed to show "FRIEND" the dairy.. So we bombed around some more.. but first we went home for a small break and then the dairy.. and the hill once again, and then the paint store.. just to look at some color samples... hmm and what then.. I think that was most of our day... it is amazing how much time some of this stuff takes.. oh that is right we had to go fuel up again since we really burnt some fuel that day.. LOL Hey we had fun so that was all that mattered...

Went home had supper etc. then church at night...(prayer service for Classis meeting) and then we had to meet with the minister for our Pre-marriage session.. which is the whole reason I was down there. That was quick and easy so that was that... off to bed I went when we got home because I was super tired... Anyway so that was Day 2...




WED
25
MAR

Today...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well we got up at 6:30 and were on the road a 7 like usual! "FRIEND" drove for the first 2 1/2 hours or so and then me for the rest. We ended up switching in Ritzville after I wasn't paying attention since I was reading my book and didn't really look at the signs/pay attention before I told her which one to take. Anyway so that was that.. then we got to Post Falls, regular Fuel stop, and then Sandpoint where we hit Walmart for some books (I didn't get any there, but she got several so that worked out). Anyway then the border again.. let me tell you he wasn't a happy camper today... but still it went like it should quick... so no complaints on my side, and into the snow we went.. it was wet snow so at least the roads weren't icy and it was regular driving.. hmmm now what... oh how could I even forget.. the regular Timmys stop in Fernie.. LOL and from there on to home.. we got home just before 6 but that made about sense because of a few extra stops.. so that is that.. I will post some pics eventually, maybe..

March 26, 2009


THU
26
MAR

Bowling Pictures...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Bowling Alise's 021

Well I finally decided that it was time to post these pictures since I said I would.. and since they come before my road trip etc I figured I had better get it done!

Well the above picture was our first round.. after that picture.. well names changed and that was that..

Bowling Alise's 019

Lets go Leanna! Just figured I needed a picture of her grabbing the ball.. but she did have to look at the camera, not the ball.. lol..

Bowling Alise's 035

The 2nd of the three lanes that we had that night..It involved Corina, Bruce, Evert, Jonathan, William, and Michael. We all just kinda hung out together.. so that explains the extra people in the picture..Emily has on the Orange scarf, and Nick is hidding behind William in the background.

Bowling Alise's 037

Marie figured she had to fix Nicolas' hair to match his outfit.. This was the 3rd lane... John, Nicolas, Rosalyn, Maaike, Marie, and Alex.

Bowling Alise's 036

Snack time.. oh look at them go..

Bowling Alise's 034

Here John is trying to teach Leanna the square dance. I should have taken it so you could see their feet.. oh well funny anyway..

Bowling Alise's 029

Discussion time...

Bowling Alise's 024

Nick's outfit.. well that is a story in itself, he went bowling with his team for BB&BS (big brother & big Sisters) as a fundraising thingy, they all had to wear a team outfit so this is what it was..

Bowling Alise's 014

Emily just finishing up her round..

Bowling Alise's 020

Oh it is a deep subject.. LOL

Anyway so that is the pics... enjoy!




THU
26
MAR

quilt...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 025

Finally some pictures of the finished project... the teal is the back of the quilt.

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 023

The Binding around the quilt.

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 021

And finally on a bed... I tryed it out on mom & dad's bed. It is huge.. but that is what I wanted it to be so no complaints there.

So that is that!

4:55 PM | Permalink | 2 comments


March 27, 2009


FRI
27
MAR

More pics...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 100

The view off of the hillside....

DSC_0150

DSC_0157

DSC_0158

DSC_0181

Yes we always need to stop at Timmys for a coffee...

DSC_0185






FRI
27
MAR

Washington Trip...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
DSC_0043



Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 030

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 035

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 053

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 064

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 071

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 078

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 082

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 090

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 085

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 093

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 096

Washington Pics Yvonne-March 09 098

Well here are the pictures.. The one right above here is the duplex that is in the process of being bought (his dad/brothers/etc.) anyway so that is where we will be living for the time being...



March 28, 2009


SAT
28
MAR

Yay.. I have a piano...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
.. thanks to mom for mentioning that she had seen something in the paper on Tuesday.. when I got home we checked it out and I gave them a call.. mind you it was 9:30 p.m. but hey I wanted to know if it was still around and if so what it was like etc. etc. anyway so I got all the info I wanted and.. was texting John and just kinda mentioned it when he says.... well I might as well tell you that I was planning to get you one as a wedding gift... LOL So technically the money is out of my pocket right now but not for long... not that it makes a difference to me.. hee hee.. I just get to enjoy it sooner.... Anyway so I will post a picture for you guys... The piano is a Cable-Nelson.. and it sounds awesome... anyway... picture coming up!


SAT
28
MAR

Piano...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

DSC_0202

Well here is the close up... once I get the computer to co-operate I will post the other picture... (full pic of piano..)




SAT
28
MAR

Full Picture....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
DSC_0203
Well I finally just ended up taking another picture cause I couldn't get the computer to cooperate with me... so I figured that was just as easy.. at least today.. most days I would fight with it for a while but not now....



March 31, 2009


TUE
31
MAR

grr.. I'm really ticked off now...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
.. and really I have a reason to be but at the same time I do have to admit...they do have a right to disable my blog at work.. but still if they gave me something more useful to do there I would agree more so than I do at this point... oh well I guess we will have to find something else to entertain me.. that just doesn't really stop me from being grumpy right now but what can I say... (I will get over it..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.