Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Yay! we have our marriage Licence - May 23

Well since John is here for the last time.. till the week of the wedding time to go get our marriage licence, since we can get it 3 months before anyway.. so technically it is valid till August 23rd so we should be good!

All I can say is going in there I wasn't sure what to expect cause duh of course it is the first time doing something like that... so anyway she is putting all the info into the computer.. all fine and dandy. Then she has us check the info to make sure it is right, from there she had us read some info basically saying that we aren't related etc. and tells us not to sign the line till she gets back cause we have to swear an oath.. Not anything new to me since I used to do this all the time at the lawyers office so fine. She gets back.. right hands up and she asked the typical when you swear an oath, and so simple answer "YES" and tada... we get to sign on the line. Ok, so this is crazy and I know it is, and ummm hmmm should I say this ha ha My hand was shaking so bad I could hardly sign... Crazy I know.. but I survived.. with a crappy looking signature that is but hey who cares.. Then we get the licence in an envelope and yup gotta be careful cause you can't bend it... anyway so now it is nicely waiting for the day to be signed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.