Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

february Posts

February 2, 2009


MON
2
FEB

Yay!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I finished my part of the quilt on Saturday!!!... at least the biggest part... and everything that I can do for now! Once I getting it back from the quilt store I still have to do the binding but that is normal.. I can't wait to post a picture of the finished project!

Mom said to me, wow it is huge, and dad's comment was well at least they won't have to fight over the quilt cause there should be more than enough.. LOL Anyway, now I just need to do the pillow shams etc. But I'm not sure if I will get those done ahead of time, it all depends on how energetic I get, as well as the amount of time I have. First I'm going to try get some other things done now! Like invitations etc.



February 4, 2009


WED
4
FEB

My quilt is gone...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

.. so yesterday after work I brought it to the quilting store to get it quilted... Since my name wasn't on the list till March I asked if there would be a possibility that she could get it done before the end of February... so we will see what happens!

Other than that.. lets just say if you are addicted to quilting and have a good reason to want to make more you should avoid those kinda stores at all costs! I was in there yesterday and saw some realllllyy! cute fabric!!!!!! Let me tell you, anyway so I come home and was telling mom about it and so she says.... well you need something for your diningroom/kitchen table yet??!!?? LOL Anyway so now she has me thinking and who knows what will happen now! It would be more of a table runner if I did anything so not nearly as expensive as half of the other things I have done so far!

So for colors that was in the Reds & Pinks... umm to try and explain it.. well that is kinda hard.. but if you went and looked in the Stampin' Up! catalogue at the Designer Series paper it is is like the Candy Lane paper colors! Very cute!!

They would all end up being after the wedding projects so it doesn't affect anything that I have to get done before the wedding!

Then the BIG thing was since I took my King size quilt to work yesterday to show everyone, someone at work asked me if I could make her a Lap size or maybe a Twin size quilt same pattern just in her colors! So that is where I'm heading tomorrow... (quilt store) I pretty much told her if she wanted that it had to be soon... (Right Stefanie??)

Anyway that is all for now!




WED
4
FEB

I don't care what anyone says!!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
.. but I'm soooo.... BORED!! AGAIN! Anyway since I finished what I could do on the stuff I was working on earlier, I have checked my email way to many time just hopeing... but no such thing as more exciting emails...so then I'm stalking my upline on her Stampin' Up! site... and checking on the Splitcoast Stampers site.... grr... I reall need something better to do... now i just want to go home and stamp! I actually just had an idea... which will be the inspiration for a project next week Wednesday night at my Open House... yes I'm having my Spring/Summer Catalogue Open House, so for those of you who are interested come on over and check it out! Or give me a call for more info! most of you should have my # but in case you don't you can give me a call @ 394-4471 or email me at stampin.geek@gmail.comOpen in a new window or which ever address you have for me!

February 6, 2009


FRI
6
FEB

Hanging out with Friends!

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Well, last night I went over to Yvonne's house and had a nice visit with her, since we hadn't done so in a while and she is going to Ontario for a few weeks it was really high time to catch up! Alanna also came after she was done milking... so it was a great girls night for just hanging out and having a gab session! LOL

Other than that after work yesterday I went to the quilting store again! This time first of all because I'm making a small lap quilt for someone at work! So I went with her and she choose out what she wanted and that was that... then I had fallen in love with some other fabric last time I was there... and mom gave me a great idea... so I ended up buying that as well... but in the end that wasn't nearly as expensive as all the other projects that I have recently bought fabric for..... But now I first have to finish the lap quilt, that I offered to do for Stefanie....




FRI
6
FEB

I'm mad at myself.... for a change. :)

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
I forgot my cell phone at home... and I feel so naked without it... Oh well I guess practicing for after I get married.... LOL (Since John says the choice is cell phone or internet! Well give me internet any day over my cell phone) It so didn't help that this morning was crazy and things took longer than they usually do with breakfast.. which I haven't quite figured out yet.. because we started at the same time as usual..Just took longer for a change I guess and then of course of all mornings to have to blow dry my hair... pack my lunch in what should have been 5 minutes to be out of the door at the regular time.... well lets just put it this way that usually means a minimum of 10 minutes.. usually 15 though.. so simply put left home late and without thinking left it on my nighttable beside my bed So not txting etc for me at work today....

February 10, 2009


TUE
10
FEB

Well bring it on....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

... as usual it seems like my life has a way of getting way busier than I want it the weeks that I have to much happening to begin with! So I have something everynight including today for the rest of the week... it does make a difference that I have been trying to go to bed on time for the last few nights... hopeing to get a little extra sleep... since I know I'm not getting a whole lot for the rest of the week! Oh well such is the story of my life... Anyway almost the end of the day here gotta go get my eyebrows waxed and then pick up some stuff for Evert in Coalhurst and then head home and eat supper only to turn around and head to choir for 2 hours.... who knows I may get in bed on time tonight... cause we really aren't home that late when we have choir... at least before 10 but then before you get to bed... I guess about normal.... hmmm hopefully my car is almost done... I'm really getting sick of his car after a week and a few days so far... LOL... I know way off topic..



February 13, 2009


FRI
13
FEB

More white stuff :(

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
... I really don't mind the snow but why does it need to happen on weekends when you need to be on the roads... ???? That really sucks.. for the rest I really do love snow... (as long as road conditions aren't affected!) I'm still excited about going to see John for the rest.... Well do I want to sound like I'm counting down...?? one more day you know LOL Usually I don't but every once in a while we gotta change things... Oh well... L8r!

February 17, 2009


TUE
17
FEB

Yay... or not....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

... well I got home again yesterday at 5:30 so we made good time both ways.... I was really happy since the roads were good both ways! When we went there was snow till about the Crowsnest Pass and after that we were good! so that was 9 3/4 hour or so but that includes 3 stops so I would round it down to about 9 maybe even 9 1/4 tops... and the way home a bit longer so that was closer to the 10 hour mark total... so I would say that was with at least 3/4 to an hour of non driving time as well, (but that was also because we stopped a few times and went shopping in Walmart in Sandpoint).... hmm we had to stop to get something to eat somewhere... so that was where it ended up being. We also bought some books and then I found a really cute summer skirt. So in the end it was worth it but at the same time not so much so... but oh well We had fun...

Leanna figured out that I don't need a backseat driver like some people... according to her I am my own... LOL Her reasoning was that I tell people to do things and even say what I'm doing wrong... Not that I'm such a freaky driver because she didn't seem to have a problem with it... she just thought it was funny!...

Anyway I do have some pictures to post but that will have to wait till I get home and have some time... which isn't tonight...



February 19, 2009


THU
19
FEB

I hate being sick.... :(

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well after spending all day in bed yesterday, and I'm still at home today... I'm really starting to get tired of it (blame getting sick since I have had mono the cause...because I never used to) What I have figured out is that Leanna and I both have the same sorta thing and since we went down together that would make perfect sense! It all started with a really sore back and bad headache and then kinda a cold on top of it all.... hmm for the rest I just have no energy... today is slightly better than yesterday or I wouldn't be sitting here typing away on my blog but other than that I still really don't have a ton of energy..........

February 20, 2009


FRI
20
FEB

grr...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

Ok, so I am starting to feel better, just don't have the same amount of energy as usual but at least I'm up and about and feel like doing things... like updating my blog but then my blog is making me angry... more like Windows Vista is making me angry... since it won't let me upload pictures So I guess no pictures for a while....



February 21, 2009


SAT
21
FEB

Well so much for feeling better.... :(

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Today I have a really bad cold and spent all day on the couch...... I'm pretty much ready to be done with all this crap... first the sore back/headache and now a cold... anyway hopefully I feel better by monday because it is starting to get old... 4 days of not being able to do anything cause you have no energy really sucks...

February 23, 2009


MON
23
FEB

Well... finally..

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
... back at work, I'm still not all the way better but enough so that I figured that I could try go to work and see how it went... Now that I'm here I wish I could have stayed at home but oh well... I will see how it goes.. if it turns out I really don't have enough energy for the whole day...well I guess I go home... As long as I get rid of this cold soon I will be happy!...

February 24, 2009


TUE
24
FEB

I should be in bed...

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

but... sometimes my blog is more exciting... And texting someone but that is all right...

I just got back from choir about 20 minutes ago since I had to fuel up my car... well I guess I didn't have to yet but it was getting really close. I could have gone to work tomorrow but then would have had to do it afterwards so it just worked out now since I had some time. Yup I'm finally driving my own car after way to many weeks of my bro's car!!!!!! I'm very happy to be back to my own but it still isn't done so that sucks... he was working on the hood when I got home so hopefully.......... I have a feeling that it is wishful thinking but he needs to get it done cause I'm sick of it and if it takes to much longer.... well I haven't figured it out yet but I will come up with some sorta threat or something that should work!

I should have taken a picture of my car before he started working on it... and then I could take a now picture... since it has improved a lot already... and then one when it was done.... I guess I could always go take one now yet but it won't do the whole thing justice for the improvement!! It was REALLY BAD!! is about the only way I can put it... stupid deer!!!! I guess first of all stupid person who backed into my car and then stupid deer... LOL... wasn't funny at the time... I can laugh about it now though!

Oh well that is all for now! or not... I could give a choir update but I won't tonight... since I really should think about going to bed!

Toodles




TUE
24
FEB

Oh, I'm counting the days....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

I can't stop posting tonight...

Anyway I'm really excited I just was thinking about it and John is here in a few days... I can't believe it... I just saw him like a week ago??? something like that anyway.... everyone has been bugging me that we won't know what to do since we will be seeing eachother so much this month... well the truth... at least for me.... we have to make up for not seeing each other in January!



February 25, 2009


WED
25
FEB

New Church

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
Well we went and had a good look at the new church... and it still seems huge and the drive to get there will take way to much longer than it did but I guess that is just the way it is. I love the organ as well and would love to be able to just sit and play for a while and try different things without having to worry about the sound... without tons of people around, but in the end I still got to try it out! I should have taken some pictures so that I could post them here but I didn't so I guess that is that!

February 26, 2009


THU
26
FEB

Oh I'm hating....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

everything right now... I'm so sick of trying to get things done right at work... and it isn't working for that matter... and then I forget stuff.... it has been really bad the last few days... for a while I was doing really good and now I'm not sure, but I just want to crawl into a hole and hide for a while, hopeing that everything will be done by the time I resurface.... Especially all this crappy audit stuff... and all the expectations that I have no idea about! Oh well I guess I better tackle it or I will have more issues than before...... especially cause I have a few hours today and then tomorrow to get it all done!

This weekend should be better... just rediculously busy since John will be here and we have several things to get done... oh well...




THU
26
FEB

Oh I'm hating....

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst

everything right now... I'm so sick of trying to get things done right at work... and it isn't working for that matter... and then I forget stuff.... it has been really bad the last few days... for a while I was doing really good and now I'm not sure, but I just want to crawl into a hole and hide for a while, hopeing that everything will be done by the time I resurface.... Especially all this crappy audit stuff... and all the expectations that I have no idea about! Oh well I guess I better tackle it or I will have more issues than before...... especially cause I have a few hours today and then tomorrow to get it all done!

This weekend should be better... just rediculously busy since John will be here and we have several things to get done... oh well...

12:52 PM | Permalink | 1 comment


February 27, 2009


FRI
27
FEB

Well... I'm feeling slightly relieved

By Alise Van de Bruinhorst
I just found out this morning that I don't have to do the original thing for the audit anymore. So now just finishing the documents I need to get done. Posting documents where they need to be etc. and we should be good! This makes me a whole lot happier and less stressed out! Oh well back to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.