Pages

Monday, October 04, 2010

Jalapeno/Habanero Hot Sauce

Well same as with the Tomato Sauce, I looked online and came up with my own recipe from there. I have to give my hot sauce an atomic rating according to John LOL :) I'm telling you though it is super duper hot! I tried a tiny tiny little bit on the tip of a spoon and let me tell you I didn't know how fast I needed to grab a glass and get some milk in it and into my mouth! IT WAS ON FIRE ::PHEW:: I think I lost a few tastebuds on the tip of my tongue through the process as well. I also found out that breathing any of it in while chopping, or even rinsing it down the drain.. well not so pleasant and I spent the next few hours hacking because of the fumes! Anyway enough said.. here is the recipe and some pictures :)

Habanero/Jalapeno Hot Sauce

1/2 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Oregano
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp Sugar
1/2 Cup white vinegar
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
15 Habanero Peppers, finely chopped
12 Jalapeno Peppers, finely chopped

Chop 1/2 the Habanero and Jalapeno Peppers, put the rest through blender to make a paste. Add water till it starts to blend well making a thick paste. Add this to the pan with the finely chopped peppers, mix well adding the rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil, and then cook on medium to low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour into Jelly size jars and can.

I think I doubled the recipe, and ended up with exactly 12 jelly jars full.  Keep in mind that I didn't do exact measurements for the peppers and if using bigger sized peppers you will use less than what I did.

Now for the pictures:



This last picture doesn't really have anything to do with the Hot Sauce, but more with the previous post where I had a picture of my Parsley.. I had an ice cream bucket full that I dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.