Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

In Remembrance

So I'm sitting here on my couch racking my brains as to what I could possibly come up with for a card design for Remembrance/Veterans Day. I've got an idea, but I don't have the Stamp Set that I really need to make the card happen hmm now that is a problem. So I'll have to see what I can come up with, since I'm not buying something just because I decide that today I want to make 1 card with it, and then it will sit on my shelf and not get used for a long time again!

Once again, I would like to thank all those who fight/have fought in war(s) to protect our countries! In honour of them here is my favorite poem for Rememberance Day!

In Flanders Fields
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

This poem has been one of my favorite since I was in fourth grade, when I had to do a art project with something related to Remembrance Day.

I'll be posting something else later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.