Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Digital Studio - Technique - Color Filling Stamps

Time for another MDS technique don't you think?! :) Now I know that for a lot of hardcore MDS users you go to the mydigitalstudio.net webpage and you've probably learned most of the techniques that I'm posting, but I still enjoy sharing what I learn with you! So far all the techniques that I've posted I learned at Convention in the Intermediate MDS class that I took. I'm one of these people that LOVES MDS but doesn't go looking to learn tons of new things in my free time... it's called I've got to many other things going on to try keep up with that as well! That being said I've decided that maybe I'm going to have to start "learning" some more fun stuff about MDS!

Anyway... now that i've said all that how about the tutorial for Color Filling Stamps! This is one of the techniques that Holly taught me and it's so fun, I'm sure you will think so too, so here goes:

Step one: Select a "line Image Stamp" such as the Simple Friendship - Friend (below). Now to fill in the flowers you are going to use the Extreme Elements - Splatter image. Change the color of the Splatter image to whatever color you want. I used Baja Breeze and Pixie Pink, as well as Daffodil Delight for one blossom. You will resize the image until it fill just about the size of the flower. If there are a few splatters of color outside of the lines of the flowers that's ok. Especially because when we fill-color when we are stamping/water coloring it is never perfectly in the lines either!

Now to fill the centre of the circle I used the 1.25 circle punch and changed the fill color to Certainly Celery.  Once you have everything added and colored you are going to pull the Friend image and layer to the top/front. Save your project and you are ready to go!

Wasn't that quick and easy! So fun, and now you can color your line images in using a simple technique! Once again if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll be happy to try answer them for you! In the mean time,  Happy Creating :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.