Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Digital Studio: Tutorial

So I'm sure I haven't been the only one wondering how to color in images so that you would have multiple colors. For myself I'm sure I would have figured it out some day, because I'm the kind of girl who likes to play around, but as far as that goes with MDS a lot of the time I'm in a hurry. So the great thing is that there is other people out there who figure things out for us and do all the work, then we just have to copy their idea/plan/tutorial.

Today I have a great tutorial to share from a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, who won the MDS Contest. All credit for this tutorial goes to Rochelle Gould, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and  2011 My Digital Studio Contest Finalist. 


Coloring Line Art Images:

Ever wonder how to color a line art image in My Digital Studio? I am going to show you how I do it 100 percent in My Digital Studio! I used this technique on the card I submitted for the My Digital Studio Contest to color in the cute snowmen from the Merry Winter Stamp Brush Set. Here is a look at the finished card.



I am going to tell you how I made the snowman on the left.
  1. I started by stamping the snowman in Early Espresso.
  2. Then I added a Very Vanilla Rounded Corner Punch and stretched it out to make it fit the body of the snowman, and a Very Vanilla Wide Oval Punch stretched and rotated to make it fit the head of the snowman.
  3. Next, I stamped the Textured stamp in Crumb Cake ink and reshaped it to fit the body of the snowman to give him a toasty look. I also added a drop shadow to the stamp.
  4. I gave the snowman Pretty in Pink rosy cheeks and a Pumpkin Pie orange carrot nose by adding appropriate shaped punches (circle for the cheeks and a pennant for the nose) and drop-shadowed them in the same color.
  5. I finished him off by giving him a Cherry Cobbler stamped scarf and a Cherry Cobbler punched star for the end of his hat.
 Below are the steps in picture form (I put Basic Black cardstock behind them so you could see the lighter colors better).



I repeated these steps with all four snowmen on my card. It does take some time to get all the sizing and layering just right, but I think it is worth it in the end!

Now you can have some fun coloring line art images in My Digital Studio!

by: Rochelle Gould, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and  2011 My Digital Studio Contest Finalist




More tutorials can always be found on the mydigitalstudio.net website. Simply create your user profile and log in. Today's was found at the Blog link. 

Happy Creating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.