Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy "guess" date to me..

Well today is my due date and no sign of baby yet. blah.... lol :) Work definitely helps keep my mind off of it to a certain extent, but I'm definitely not comfortable at all anymore and haven't been for the last few weeks. Baby loves putting his/her foot up in my ribs so now they are nice and bruised and it's pretty painful. At my appointment on Monday I finally let the Dr. do an internal, and am I ever glad I waited!! Turns out I'm only 1cm dilated and baby is still at a -3 station. If I'd been checked sooner I would have been really disappointed. Now it wasn't to huge of a deal. Of course I want to be further than that, but plenty of woman go into labor without being dilated at all and baby not being dropped. That all being said.. here is my 40 week bump picture. 


The other thing that is starting to really annoy me is everyone asking/saying "oh you are still around", or "when is your due date". John thinks I'm making a huge deal out of it, but I told him that he should try being super uncomfortable for a while and have everyone ask him the question.. lol :) Oh well.. hopefully baby comes sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, it's that time already. Time sure did fly by. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was thinking of you yesterday, yes, it is annoying everyone asking but I think it is just because we want it to be over too! FIrst babies are classically late, I was told mine would be two weeks early, he was two weeks late! To me, that was a month too long but easily forgotten once you see that fabulous little face:). Keep on smiling and get some rest, the little one will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.