Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Sneek Peek: New Catalogue

I'm sure many of you have been itching to find out something about the new catalogue?! The most I can do for you is show you a little sneek peek of a project that I made using some of the new products!

So here is a sample that I made using a new set, as well as a sample of one of the new colors!


This time around I actually decided that I was going to stop hoarding all my accesories, and so I used the Victoria 5/8 Crochet Trim, as well as a mini library clip! For those of you that know me, you'll notice that this card is so not my usual style. I was inspired by a card sample in the new cattie and decided to go with it, to see if I couldn't come up with a vintage style card!

For those of you who like seeing samples so you can re-create them here is what I did:

Supplies:

4 x 8 1/2 piece of Cardstock - Pool Party
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of cardstock - Crumb Cake
3 x 4 piece of cardstock - Very Vanilla

Soft Suede Classic Ink
Pool Party Classic Ink

Mini Library clips
Crochet Trim - Victoria 5/8

Stampin' Dimensionals
Stampin' Sponge
Snail
Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Big Shot/supplies
Top Note Die

Take your Pool Party Cardstock and fold it in half to create your 4 1/4 x 4" card. Take your sponge and dab it onto your Soft Suede Ink pad and gently rub it over your card to create a vintage feel on the Pool Party cardstock.

 Next take the piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and run it through your big shot using the Top Note Die. Texture 3/4 of the Top Note using the "large flower filler" from the Simply Soft, Hostess Set. (I'm not sure how else to explain it) Stamp this image randomly over the piece of paper that you cut out with the top note die. Now rip off the section to the left, by ripping towards you. Take the sponge and once again at some texture by running the sponge gently over the edges and crumple the paper slightly. Then run your finger nail around the corners to make them stand out.  Apply Top Note image to your Pool Party cardstock, using Snail.

Stamp the flower onto your Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Soft Suede Classic Ink, and then stamp the filler image using Pool Party Classic Ink. Tear out the image,by ripping towards yourself, and crumple it slightly. Remember the key word is "slightly". Once again you'll take your sponge and run it lightly around the edges and over the image to create more of a vintage feel.

Now apply this image using 3-4 Dimensionals place randomly on the back side of the cardstock.

You are almost done!

Take approximately, a 4 inch piece of crochet trim and tie it in a gentle knot. Attach this with a SUPER SMALL dab of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Now take your mini library clip and clip it onto the Very Vanilla Cardstock.

Tada.. there you have all the instructions you need. Aren't you excited about the new catalogue now? I know I was when I got my pre-order items in!

 If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.