Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

My Suprise visit!

Well since I couldn't post about this plan on my blog till after the fact it has had to wait :)

I had already been planning for about a month that the perfect chance to go back to AB and surprise my parents was the weekend that Janita and Leanna would come, since we were already planning to go up the next weekend! Either way the day had finally arrived that it was going to happen, trust me a bit of freaking out on my part and hard thinking but I was determined that the plan had to work out! So what did I do? Well that fine Tuesday morning as we were getting ready to walk out the door I took my home phone and made a quick call to my mom to let her know that Janita & Willard were leaving right about now. Turns out I got Brittany on the phone so I told her to tell mom what I just said. LOL :) Hoping that mom wouldn't decided halfway through the day that she needed to call me to find out what I was doing etc.

Well so anyway since a ton of crazy/funny things happend I'm going to have to write about them all because it isn't every day that a trip like this happens anymore either! So as we were leaving Willard decided that while he was putting things in the car that he was going to put his coffee mug on the roof of the car. Smart move or what? Anyway so since I was in the car before he was I just assumed that he would have taken it in with him. Turns out we found out differently in a big hurry. First little bit was alright, but as soon as I started to pick up some speed tada there went someones coffee all over the back of the car and onto the road... Janita was having a fit LOL, because it was her souvenier coffee mug from Heritage Park or something. Me: well I was like hey no biggy.. turn around and go get it again :) Willard hops out and grabs it, jumps back in the car.. drive around the block and away we go.

At least we thought away we go... we still had to get some fuel and stop by the Best Western to get mom's curling iron which she had forgotten when they were here in Sunnyside a few weeks earlier.. But first of all the story behind our stop for fuel. So Janita is busy fueling up.. and I was driving. I know the car, because obviously it used to be mine so I had better know the quirks that it has! Anyway so I left the keys in but the door wide open because I knew that if I shut the door the keys might get locked in... umm well that was all fine and well till Janita shuts the door as I tell her she had better not because if she does the keys will be locked in. (car seems to like doing that to you when it is really inconvenient)... ugh ugh and ugh.. spare is locked in the car now too.. hmmm dumb move but hey it happens to the best of us at times! So I run into the convenience store to ask if I can borrow their phone.. while I'm talking to the lady.. Janita walks in.. hey don't bother.. the passenger door was unlocked.. phew!! I could have know this would be the case because for some odd reason the drivers door will automatically lock but the other doors don't umm yup really really weird! So on we go.. quick stop in at the BW.. and then hit the road!

It was quite the day! Anyway.. so I drove most of the trip.. and by the time we hit Cranbrook I decided no stopping at Timmies because we had gotten stuck in construction and then we had finally passed a semi, that we would end up being behind if we stopped.. and I know how un-cool that is on the stretch from Cranbrook to Fernie so I guess no coffee for me :( So we get to Fernie.. and what would you know that annoying semi driver was speeding so he is right on our tail.. ugh, I guess no timmies for me there either! LOL :) So I kept on driving till the Crowsnest Pass where we quickly switched in a roadside turnout. From there Janita drove to Fort Macleod.. and then Willard drove from there till home.. just so that they could say that they had driven. When Janita and I switched I was sitting in the front..taking picture, what else would I do LOL :) Then when we got to F.M. I switched with Willard and went to sit in the back of the car so that when we drove up at "home" they wouldn't see that they had an extra person in the car!

So we pull up at home.. and I have Willard drive up to the shop so that I can get out and not have anyone see me in the house! Someone, namely Evert happened to be walking across the yard at the same time that we drove up but hey whatever.. Anyway so he gets around the corner and can't see me so I hop out and run around the corner.. haha he looks at me and gets this huge grin on his face LOL :D Then I stood in the garage and chat with him for a couple secs and I can't stand it anymore I have to go into the house and see what happens. (side note: Janita and Willard were really bummed that I didn't wait for them to be inside so they could see/hear the reaction)

I come into the house through the back hall.. and I say: "Hey Mom" she says: "what?" then I walked around the corner and she could see me.. and her jaw dropped... (haha) and she says: "what are you doing here?" bahahaha Mom.. that is a nice way to say hi to your daughter LOL :).. all in all SUCCESS!!! Anyway then I looked at my little brother Joel and I think I shocked him that most LOL, because he wasn't saying anything and just looked and looked at me.. so I go up to him and ask him if he wanted a hug.... yup he did.. so I give him one.. then he says "where's John?" LOL... so apparently it was all wrong that I showed up without John. Since normally he is used to seeing us there together first and then I stay behind... haha

Oh well that is the story of my surprise visit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.