Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sarah Palin - Ummm are you kidding me!?!

Ok so for the full story check out this link:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091124/entertainment/palin_marg_delahunty

"We told her we're from Canada, and we're just looking for a few words of encouragement for the Canadian conservatives who have worked so tirelessly to destroy the socialized medicare that we have," Walsh recalled Tuesday from St. John's.


Palin strolled over, looking down on Walsh and her crew to tell them that "Canada needs to dismantle its public health-care system and allow private enterprise to get involved and turn a profit."


"Basically, she said government should stop doing the work that private enterprise should do," Walsh said.

Yes there is problems with the Public Health Care system the way it is run in Canada, I have to admit that, but at the same time you can't take away what a country has had for years in a short period of time. I guarentee you that if they tried there would be a huge uproar!  Also Sarah Palin doesn't live in Canada so she actually has nothing to say about how the government runs their system up there! If you want a say in what a country does you need to live there or be a Citizen, and it should in some way shape or form affect your life.. which as far as I can tell it has none on hers :(

I have found that since moving to the US there has been several huge adjustments, but at the same time there is definite benefits to the way the Canadian system is run. Rather than paying your doctor for each and every visit that you make and paying a lot (as I have found out) I think was sometimes also take for granted that we can go see the doctor and walk out of the office with out paying a few hundred dollars for a simple exam etc. Sure at the time you pay $80 a month to the Alberta Health Care but if you are lucky work has a plan.. which mine did.. takes care of half the cost.. making it $40 a month.. then take that cost if you go to the doctor a few time and it seems to pay for itself once I compare it to what we have had to pay for my visits to the doctor here since I had a miscarriage! So in the long run I do think the system that I was used to has it's benefits!

haha feel free to debate this or add your opinions!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.