Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Favorite "new" Stampin' Up! product line

So when we saw the holiday mini at Convention, I fell in love with the Spice Cake product line immediately. Did that mean it was the first thing I bought as soon as I could order from the mini? NO... believe it or not I ordered several other sets and items first. I signed up for a card swap and decided to get two other sets that I really liked for that. It was hard to choose, because there is so much in the Holiday Mini, and you can't get it all at once.. well maybe you can but I tell myself I have to have some self control and can't! LOL :)

Anyway, so now that I've started a Stamper 10 group here in the US, I decided to order several of the Spice Cake products because I simply had to have them. If I didn't get them for this month's club then I wouldn't be getting them at all. I'm going to share one of the cards that the ladies made last night.

The main color of paper for the card is Pool Party.
Take the Pool Party CS, cut your 8 1/2" x 11" Cardstock into a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece.
Fold for your card.

Next you are going to cut a 4 1/4" x 1 1/2" piece of Pear Pizzazz CS

Now take a piece of Chocolate Chip, and cut it to 4 1/4" x 1"

Using Snail, glue the Pear Pizzazz and Chocolate Chip CS together, then glue onto the card front. 

Stamp the basket of pears onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Soft Suede Ink and cut the image out using your paper snips. Color in the pears using Peach Parfait Ink, with a blender pen. You are going to create a little ink spot on the top of you ink pad(lid) so that you can water color. Stamp the Grateful sentiment in the corner with the Soft Suede ink as well. 

For the bow you are going to tear a strip of fabric that is 1 1/2" wide and cut it to be about 5-6 inches in length. Tie this in a loose bow. Adhere to the Chocolate Chip CS using a mini Glue dot.

So there you go.. a very simple card, and yes so cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.