Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Card

We don't go all out for Valentine's Day, usually just a card and possibly a little something. This year with baby on the way I figure there is enough money going towards baby things that we really need, so I didn't do anything for John other than making him dinner and of course a card. Yes, making him dinner these days is a huge deal I'll probably post more about that in another post though(when I do another update on me and baby). 

So all that being said, I made him the following card. This card was made using the Candy Conversations Stamp, which can be found in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I like how much fun you can have with this stamp by highlighting just the heart you want to stand out. For that matter you could do all the hearts a different color as well if you so choose. I decided for my purpose that I wanted to highlight only one of the hearts. I used my Stampin' Write Markers and colored the stamp. 

So enough explaining, here it is:


My card ended up being a different size from the usual because I was using random pieces of paper that were floating around on my desk. It's still the regular width 5 1/2" I think it's closer to 4" (8" unfolded). Not majorly different than the usual, but enough to make it noticeable.

Once again I don't have measurements, because the pieces that I stamped on and then layered it onto were floating around as well. The Designer Series paper that I used is from the Twitterpated in the Occasions Mini as well. 

FYI: Paper Colors:

Pool Party
Pink Pirouette
DSP - Twitterpatted

Ink Colors:
Old Olive
Pretty In Pink

Notice how the ink and the colors of paper aren't the same. Once again this shows you how well Stampin' Up!s colors work together! 

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.