Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Ruffled Shower Curtain

Making a ruffled shower curtain had been in the plans for my downstairs bathroom for a long long time. Actually ever since we moved to this house a good year ago, it just never happened. Between everything going on it just was a someday project. Well about 2 months before Lil T was born I cut all my fabric into strips and sewed them into super long strips. They were all ready to get serged for the bottom seam and do the basting stitch to the top edge and then sew them onto another shower curtain. I cut the top part of the shower curtain off and sewed it onto the clear shower curtain. I used 3 boxes of fat quarter fabric from Stampin' Up. Sadly this fabric is now retired, but I still wanted to share. Obviously you could do this with any of our current fabric selections so have a peak in the catalog and see if there is something you might want to use. Or simply be inspired! :) In case you were wondering the strips were 3" strips.

P.S. A huge thank you to my sister J who sewed this for me during the time she spent helping out after T was born. :) Yes, I just admitted that I didn't do the sewing myself for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.