Pages

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Alberta

Well, sitting in my parents' home in Alberta definitely brings back memories as well as feeling like it so isn't home, and I shouldn't be living here even if it is only for a week! So far things have gone well, even though there has been some hard times in between, like Saturday, the day of Opa's funeral. At the same time it has been nice to see most of the family, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. and some of my friends!

So for the most part this week I've been finding something to do, or somewhere to go everyday. On Monday I stopped in to see two friends in the morning and had a nice quick catch up visit with them. Then at night we went to John's aunt & uncle to visit for a bit. On Tuesday we popped in to see Oma before we brought John to the airport and Opa & Oma Slingerland stopped in at the rents' place to see us, and then off to the airport we went!

From the sounds of things and from what John experienced the airport security is so not fun right now!! Ugh that is actually the part that is going to drive me crazy... I'm not worried about getting through or anything, just the fact that he said it took him about an hour to get through is insane... I'm just going to have to hope for the best! The fact that you can't have carry on into the U.S. is crazy though! So now I have to get a bag to put the laptop in and I'm going to have to carry my camera around my neck by the shoulder strap. :(
Slightly annoying but what can I do... such is the way it goes.. I just hope that I get everything into my bag and I guess if not.. well then I leave some behind and get it next time again! LOL :) For the rest he had no delays and made it home safely! :)

Anyway so then Tuesday night mom and all us girls were sitting in the living room busy crochetting, or actually I should say that at first I was working on our Family Recipe collection that I'm doing so that I can have all the recipe's that my mom uses, and I really want. I've  been making a scrapbooked recipe book on the Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio, which is a lot of fun!... eventually I got tired of that though so I started crochetting too.. slowly but surely my doily is getting bigger and bigger! Then we kinda got talking and I told mom that I figured the kind of calcium/magnesium that she has from BodyWise works better then the kind that I've been taking since we got married, which is from Nature Sunshine. So she told me that I could buy a pot from her... so OK sure whatever I guess so.. then Dad figured he had a better idea though! He said to me, hey why don't you get out of bed on time tomorrow morning and make Pancakes for me and then you can have the bottle of calcium for doing that! LOL :) I think mom figured I would get out and do it because that was almost to good of a deal to pass up.. whereas Dad figured there was no way that I would get out of bed at that time if I didn't have to. Too me it was too good to be true so guess where I was bright and early yesterday morning!?! In the Kitchen making pancakes!

Wednesday: So my day started with making pancakes. Then after breakfast I folded several baskets full of laundry and at 11 I headed into Lethbridge. First I ran into the quilt shop to see if I could find some fabric for an apron for Katrina(still part of her Christmas gift from me). Which I did find! :) (I think I might actually start on that today! Just cause!)  Then off to find out where Leanna works and go have lunch with her! We decided to walk since she is pretty much downtown anyway and there are choices galore! I told here I had no clue where I wanted to go, so she said there was a new place that she wanted to try out! The Schnitzelhaus..  turns out that it was very yummy!!! We both had a Cordon Bleu Schnitzel with fries... I so wish I had taken a camera along.. just cause it would have been fun! oh well I guess that is partly what happens when you have a huge DSLR and don't feel like dragging it all over the place! There are definitely several changes that I noticed downtown... Now they have a anna banana store, which I can't remember seeing before either, so we decided to go check it out! They have got some really cool furniture in there as well as some very cool kids clothes. The furniture comes with quite the hefty price tag though!! :( ugh.. bummer! LOL especially cause some of it is totally my style.. oh well, I don't have room for it in my house anyway!

Then I headed down to the ADRI where I used to work, since I thought it would be nice to see some of the people that I used to work with again! I still kinda keep in touch with several of them, so I guess that always adds a little more of an incentive to go see them! What was supposed to be a short visit ended up being a bit longer but oh well it happens and it was good to see several of them again! I sure don't miss the dumpy gravel road that I used to drive all the time though!! :) After the visit down there I headed over to visit another friend.. in Coaldale this time! Checked out her house and saw what they had changed after I last saw it.. and then had a nice long visit.... after which is was time to head home.  Definitely been keeping busy eh!?

At night Mom, Dad and I went to visit Oma for a while, and then it was time to get some sleep! I was super tired!!! It didn't help that I had a bit of a headache either... pretty much from being on the go all the time, and also partly from the stress from the last week or so! Finally caught up with me :( Oh well... such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for me and others. There is always things we can learn from each other. I ask that you be considerate of others when commenting. Unkind remarks are subject to be removed at my discretion.